Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Foster Dog Honey

Well, through all of my fun volunteer work, I've developed the reputation of a special needs pittie lover. So, today when I got the call about Honey, I couldn't say no!

Honey is 4 years old, and she has a pretty severe case of Hypothyroidism, which incidentally, Tiggs has also been diagnosed with, thanks to his IMHA. Not only that, but Honey has pretty bad allergies and requires a special diet as well as weekley baths. Hmmm, all of this is sounding quite familiar.

We had been talking about trying a foster dog, with the understanding that there would need to be a strict crate and rotate with Winnie, since Winnie is very aggressive. So, we are trying small increments of crate/rotate/crate/rotate. I think it will be challenging, but I like challenge, and I LOVE dogs, so I'm game! Luckily, my awesome, wonderful, SUPERSTAR of a husband is on board too.

Here's Honey. If anyone needs a beautful girl, and isn't afraid of a little medicine and a bath once a week, she is a great family girl. She LOVES other dogs, her and Tiggs were instant friends, and she's a cuddle machine!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

shannon said...

Awww, she's cute. Is Winnie totally not psyched? Would she eventually warm up to another dog?

adam and melissa said...

Probably a no go with Winnie...poor old crazy girl. We are going to go to a trainer on Monday, so we'll see how it goes. Tiggs is quite fond of her already though!

Honey was brought to a vet to be euthanized just because she has hypothyroid and allergies :(

Fortunately, the vet saw what a cute girl she is, and kept her there until she was stable and could get into our program (which is no kill, thank God!).