Thursday, June 21, 2007
Our guest room/office has always posed a challenge in that the door leading to the living room was always in the way of the desk and futon. We removed the door alltogether, and replaced it with these sleek, modern, almost Japanese-style sliding panels. The back two panels are a rich brownish/gray grasscloth-like material, and the sheer white panel slides over the top to create a cool, textile art look.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Well, here is a massive picture posting of all the happenings of the occupants of 1864 Lake St. A summary of what's been going on:
- we got an ice cream maker in our neighboorhood garage sale, and Adam made a delicious homeade chocolate ice cream. There is a pic of Winnie sitting next to it.
- winnie decided to take herself on a walk, and got 2 of our shoes stuck in her leash, then as she exited the house via the dog door, got the shoes anchored in the flaps. this made her slightly crazy as she tugged the leash on the other side trying to pull the whole mess thru the door. in an annoyed frenzy, she stuck her head back thru the dog door and grabbed the shoes, pulling everything thru the hole and continuing on her journey- totally hilarious!
- during Memorial weekend, we went to Cedar Breaks national monument in southern utah, the really cool orangey looking rock formations, and explored nearby climbing. both dogs managed to get skunked, point blank...weekend immediately over.
- eric and leigh came to town from denver, and we went out to a nice dinner with their beautiful one year old daughter Blythe, and friends jon and ellie.
- we went on vacation to flagstaff, arizona to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary and check out the town and the climbing where we befriended a huge great dane named abe.
- we had a romantic dinner and even got a room in a "historic" or should i say "hysteric" hotel...here you can see the (no joke) Esther Williams suite. ha ha!
- in a day of sheer relaxation and boredome, we decided to take family portraits with graham crackers- we all had a lot of laughs posing for our self portraits
That's what's been going on. Good times. Hope you enjoy and get a laugh out of our adventures.
Tigg's Graham portait
Breakfast: banana with peanut butter, and cereal stuck to the top
Josephine's Bistro-our annivesary dinner in Flag
Late night cocktails at the Rendevouz in the lobby of the Monte Vista historic hotel
Adam sending the classic Bat Roof at the Priest Draw
Adam on a nice boulder at the Gloria boulders
Tigg's- he has a goiter in this pic- he had a small seizure and had to go to the vet where he got some IV fluids- they squeezed a whole bag into him at once and he looked like a camel, until gravity pulled the fluidous hump off of his back and it dropped under his neck- here is the fluid at about 1/4 of it's original size. Tigg's is doing great now!
Abe "the BABE" is he a cow or a dog?!
brother and sister ready to go!
Eric, Leigh, and Blythe visited the night before we left for Flag- we had a lot of fun
A great meal with friends Jon, Ellie, Eric, Leigh and Melissa at Trio
One of our first stops on the way to Flag...a bizarre boulder field with a rickety house-like structure that some people who owned the old gas station next door used to live in.
Winn displaying Adam's new prize possession- a vintage ice cream maker
Winn taking herself on a walk dragging a couple of shoes she picked up along the way
Winn after she picked up shoe #1...
Cedar Breaks National Monument- southern Utah memorial day weekend