Monday, November 22, 2004

Sweet O.J.

Melissa had a memorable day. We woke pretty sore from the previous day of climbing. The weather looked pretty crappy. Foggy and soggy in good ol' Kentucky. But we decided to hightail it out to a cliff named Funkrock City to go try a classic route named Orange Juice. It was supposed to rain in the afternoon so we were in a rush. The hike in is about 30 minutes long with a river crossing. We pulled up our pants to over our knees and made it over the river...almost. Melissa fell in (where's my camera when I need it?) and got very wet. It wasn't the warmest of days so her "sad clown" face was in position. We made it over to the route and she changed into some dry pants that I had. I tried the route first but was completely unsuccessful. Melissa went next and did the route on her first try. It was the hardest route she had ever done first try. Congrat to my burly wife!

No comments: